BanyanTree Finance Pvt. Ltd. is advisor to BanyanTree Growth Capital ("BTGC") and BanyanTree Growth Capital - II ("BTGC - II") BTGC and BTGC - II are a USD c. 100 million and c. 175 million structured private equity funds that provide capital to middle-market companies with promising growth prospects within the rapidly expanding Indian economy.
Some of the unique features for the Fund include
1. Focus on neglected sectors/themes
2. Active co-investment strategy
3. Structured investments
4. Experienced investment team
BanyanTree looks to invest in established companies in India that:
1. are growing rapidly
2. have a distinctive competitive advantage and enjoy a robust market position
3. are run by competent management teams with a hunger for growth and value creation
These companies are unable to access traditional private equity for the following reasons:
Underserved Sector : Companies that operate in sectors which are neglected by private equity financiers because they are thought to be unattractive/ difficult to understand.
Resist Dilution : Sponsors who are convinced of future growth prospects and equity value and who, therefore, resist the high levels of dilution resulting from dealing with a traditional private equity financier.